Changing the name of your bike insurance online is one of the most important things you can do to save money. If you have ever had an accident, or needed auto repair and been told that you will have to pay for it all out of pocket, then this article is for you. A good way to write down everything is an insurance policy form. This article will help you understand what questions need to be asked, why you should do this, and how much it costs.
Changing the name on your current bought bike insurance policy is easy – all you have to do is fill out a few forms, submit a few documents and then wait for the change to be confirmed. However, there will be times when you want to change your name with additional details, such as first and last name, or family names such as maiden name.
This guide will walk you through the process of changing the registered name of your bike insurance online.
How to Modify Your Name in Your Two-Wheeler Insurance Policy
It is the seller’s responsibility to see that the bike insurance policy is transferred, even though the new owner of the bike will need coverage in his name. Following the sale of a used automobile, the following procedure must be followed:
Obtain the paperwork:
Obtaining the documentation is the first step. The following are the primary papers required to change the owner of the bike insurance plan:
- RC Book for the car
- The directives documents
- the RTO’s Forms 28, 29, and 30
- NOC from the prior proprietor
- Your KYC information
- a picture from a passport
Request the transfer:
Following their proper completion and submission with the other documents, Forms 2, 29, and 30 can be downloaded from the RTP website. The first step in starting a bike insurance policy transfer is to take this action.
Obtain the policy’s transfer
Your request to modify your name will thereafter be carefully reviewed. Additionally, the vehicle will be examined, and if any alterations are discovered, the insurance premium will be changed appropriately. The insurance policy will then be changed to reflect the new owner.
It is crucial to transfer the bike insurance policy to the new owner. Thankfully, the procedure for changing a name on a bike insurance policy is extremely easy to follow. This is the reason you shouldn’t skip it and should complete it as soon as possible.
What should one do if a bike’s owner passes away and wishes to transfer ownership?
The registering authorities must be notified within 30 days of your plan to use a bike if the original owner passes away. Make sure you submit Form 31 within three months of the demise of the original owner. You must submit additional documents, such as the NOC and PUC, in addition to the standard ones. The registered owner’s death certificate, a statement from the applicant and any other legal heirs, and succession documentation are further requirements.
Additionally, the entire insurance transfer procedure needs to be completed within 14 days of selling the bike. From the date of sale for up to 14 days, the third-party insurance would immediately take effect in the name of the purchaser. It is anticipated that the transfer procedure will be finished throughout this process. However, the third-party coverage would also end after 14 days if the insurance was not transferred.
A two-wheeler insurance plan’s importance of name changes:
People are typically unaware of a few extremely crucial details regarding the transfer of a bike stolen. Did you know that the name on your vehicle’s RC book and the name on your insurance policy need to match? If you purchase the bicycle in your spouse’s name, that person’s name should also appear on the insurance policy. Your online bike insurance policy will be void if this is not the case.
You can not make any claim. This is why it’s important to understand how to modify your name on an insurance policy holder to file claims, you must have functional two-wheeler insurance coverage. So be careful when changing the policy’s name.
Here are some explanations for why having bike insurance is so important:
Protects your vehicle:
- The most crucial benefit of bike insurance is that it protects your vehicle. After an incident or a disaster, such as a floor or a riot, your bike may sustain damage. Your bike could therefore be destroyed in a fire or stolen. The bike insurance coverage guards your vehicle against all such occurrences and provides monetary reimbursement if the bike sustains damage.
- In the event of a bike accident, you, the rider, also run the chance of suffering harm or even passing away. To keep you safe when riding your bike, the bike insurance plan pr personal accident cover.
Includes obligations to third parties:
- This is very practical because it covers all third-party responsibilities. The insurance policy provides reimbursement for harm or damage caused to a third party, his property or vehicle, or both.
As you are aware, it is highly important to have an active bike insurance policy and the ability to submit claims under it. This is why you must carefully complete the name change.
Getting quality bike insurance coverage:
You should move quickly to complete the procedure now that you are aware of how to change your name on a bike insurance policy. You can always request a different plan at the time of the next renewal if you are not satisfied with the current one.
You should keep the following things in mind while selecting a decent bike insurance policy:
- Consider purchasing a thorough bike insurance policy. You won’t get rid of the bike anytime soon because you just bought it. Because of this, you must present information in a decent and wholesome way. Here, thorough planning is helpful.
Pick a few riders:
- Do not forget to include a few riders in the plan as this will help to broaden the coverage. Engine protection, zero depreciation, and roadside assistance are some of the most popular motorcycle insurance riders.
Verify the cost:
- Always remember to shop around before purchasing online bike insurance. You only see the lowest costs after you compare. Finding coverage that is both comprehensive and affordable for you is a good idea.
Maintain digital comfort:
- Last but not least, you ought to try to buy a bike insurance policy from an insurer that provides digital comfort. You should be able to submit a claim form and renew your coverage online, among other things. Do not choose that insurance company unless the website is reliable. Find the finest auto insurance provider by doing some research, reading some reviews, and ordering a plan from them.
If you keep the aforementioned advice in mind, your bike will undoubtedly receive the finest protection possible for a very long period.
The best way to change your name on your buy bike insurance policy is to change it online. You can do this in the Policy section of your online account.
You will need to provide proof of identity, address, and date of birth for each person whose name you want to change.
If you want to add a new driver, you will need to provide them with their own proof of identity, address, and date of birth.
Now, you have all the information on how to change the name in bike insurance online. And if you want to change the name of your insurance policy, So visit online and choose your Square Insurance company website.