Of all the available tools, Rufus is a free and fast application and is one of the best. In fact, Rufus is one of the few necessary tools that every Windows user should have in their software catalog that you expect to create or format bootable USB flash drives or Live USBs. However, can we use Rufus for Android phone? If it is the first time you have heard about Rufus, this article will help you to understand what Rufus is and have an Android version now.
Rufus stands for trusted and safe USB formatting utility. It is a free and tiny tool used to format and create bootable USB flash drives or Live USBs using ISO files. It is available only for Windows platforms. So, let’s see how to install Rufus for Android phone and what are the benefits of this amazing Rufus. And we will also provide a detailed walkthrough of using Rufus to create a bootable USB drive. Keep reading!
Do you have a better idea about Rufus?
If you are a beginner or expert in this field, you have to know about this tool first. Rufus is a lightweight software that allows you to create or format bootable USB flash drives or Live USBs using ISO image files that are approximately 5MB. And it is a tiny tool having extraordinary features and fast performance. In this section, we will see if we can get Rufus for Android phone and how do we get it.
Creating a bootable USB drive using a PC is easy. But what if your PC is not working and you don’t have another PC? Then it sounds a little difficult to create it. But don’t worry, we have a solution. You can install Rufus download for Android phone using some methods. If you are interested to know about these methods, this article is definitely for you!
Can I get Rufus on my Android phone directly?
No, Rufus is a Windows installation program that only allows you to create or format bootable USB flash drives or Live USBs using ISO image files. So, you can’t directly install Rufus for Android phone. For that, you can use some methods like ISO 2 USB method. Before discussing these methods, let’s see why Rufus is essential.
Rufus is essential in the following cases;
- High write speed
- Bootable flash drives for common operating systems
- Work with all images such as ISO, IMG, ISZ, MDF, BIN
- works with 32 and 64-bit Windows systems
- Advanced boot selection
- File integrity
- Checks for damaged components, including the search for false flash devices
- It can create boot disks and their images, including in a compressed format
- small size
- Rufus can function without installation on a personal computer. It has improved performance and simplified design
Install Rufus for Android phone using the ISO 2 USB method
Simply, ISO 2 USB is an Android application that helps to shift an ISO image to a USB flash drive using your phone. Then, you can create a bootable USB flash drive identical to the one you make via the Rufus program on a PC. Now, you can install Windows on your Android device and then, you can install Rufus for your Android device directly
So, here is the only method that helps to install Rufus on your Android device and there is no method. Before using this method, see how to create a bootable USB drive using Rufus.
The process to create a bootable USB flash drive using Rufus
After installing Rufus for Android phone, you can create or format bootable USB flash drives using these steps;
- Download an ISO file
- Insert USB
- Run Rufus
- Select the ISO file
- Create bootable
But if you’ve failed to try this ISO 2 USB method, you can go with a better alternative for Rufus. Then, you can safely, easily, and fastly create bootable USB flash drives for your Android devices. Let’s see the best open-source Rufus alternatives in 2023!
Select the best Rufus alternative in this list
Universal Netboot Installer or widely known as UNetbootin is used as the best alternative option for Rufus. You can use UNetbootin freely, safely, and for any device. UNetbootin is an open-source tool so you can use this tool for any Windows, Mac, and Linux.
- UNetbootin works with various types of ISO images
- This is a cross-platform tool
- You can download ISO Linux using UNetbootin
- A completely safe and trusted tool
- A standalone app without any installation
- Can’t create a bootable USB from the newest Windows 10/11 versions
- Old-style User Interface makes your work slow
BalenaEtcher is the best alternative for Rufus. It is a completely free and open-source image burner that you can try to create SD cards fastly and easily. If you want a powerful tool like Rufus, you can use BalenaEtcher. It has a great feature called Image Validation.
- Completely free tool
- Open-source tool
- You can create a bootable USB from Linux ISO and macOS DMG image
- It does not wipe the entire hard-drive
- Frequently updated for the bug fix
- Comes with a very user-friendly and simple interface
- Fastest tool for creating bootable USB flash drives
- Windows ISO is not available
This is a free and open-source alternative tool developed by Python.
- It works properly on both Windows and Linux
- It minimizes the development because the code base is the same for Linux and Windows
- As open-source software, it allows users to use, redistribute, and modify as per requirements
- You can always view the Source code
- This tool supports various distros. MultiBootUSB does not contain pre-configured, distro-specific files
- Throughout the deployment, the configuration files are dynamically changed, so that the user receives all the existing boot options available for each distro
- Not a user-friendly tool for beginners
In conclusion, Rufus is a great tool for creating bootable USB flash drives but we can’t install Rufus for Android phone directly. Now, you can use the ISO 2 USB method or the best alternative to do your process. Then, just try it! And keep hope for Rufus Android phone download 2023 version!